All conference elements and sessions will be held virtually via Zoom.
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Tourism Advisory Council – Closed Meeting
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. General Session & Virtual Tourism Awards
- Arizona Office of Tourism Update, Debbie Johnson, Director, Arizona Office of Tourism
- 2019 Research Numbers, Colleen Floyd, Research Director, Arizona Office of Tourism
- Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics Arizona Launch, Dana Watts, Executive Director, Leave No Trace
- AOT Strategic Recovery Plan, Trever Cartwright, Founder/Partner, Coraggio Group
Thursday, July 23, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Breakout Sessions
Join Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics’ National Outreach Manager in this hands-on session focused on sustainability and the outdoors. Consider impacts within your own community and learn the most effective way to positively message for initiating behavior change within your destinations. You will also learn what AOT is planning with LNT for the coming year and how you can get involved.
- The Path Forward: Tools for Destination Recovery Planning, Matthew Landkamer, Coraggio Group
In the midst of the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, destinations everywhere are considering smart strategies for the rebuilding of their visitor economies. In this session, you will learn about:
– Recovery planning tools your organization can use
– Common stumbling blocks and recovery approaches from across the industry
- The New Approach to Creating Compelling Video Content, Anna Hrach, Strategist, Convince & Convert
When it comes to creating videos that inspire and engage our audiences, we have a tendency to go straight to big-budget, picture-perfect, sweeping cinematic productions. However, it can be incredibly hard for brands and organizations to consistently live up to those video standards when teams are crunched, deadlines are pressing, and audience attention spans are growing shorter every day. Add the fact that video is now an essential and no longer optional component for engaging audiences, and creating video content feels like an almost impossible task. So how exactly do we create even more amazing, engaging video content without adding extra hours to the day or cutting critical line items from our budget? Anna will show you exactly how in this fun, lighthearted and entertaining session.
Join AOT’s research division to learn what markets are visiting your county and how that has changed since before the pandemic. You’ll hear what data AOT is tracking in order to understand and respond to the constantly changing situation and develop marketing accordingly.
10:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Closing Keynote Session – Disrupting for Good: Using Passion & Persistence to Create Lasting Change, Chris Field
Our world is in desperate need of people who talk less and do more. Change in our own lives and those around us begins when we ask good questions and then dream, dare, and do. In this session, Chris will show you how to become a disruptor who cannonballs off the cliffs of complacency and changes the world around you.